New Year, New Newsletter!
Going forward for 2018 the newsletter will be bi-monthly!
Want To Find Out More About Your ALKU Team In The Herndon Office?!
Check out this month’s “Meet Your Director” segment on the website here! This month we are featuring Mike Ganley!
This month’s employee spotlight is Ronald Francois!
Ronald has been working at ALKU since August of 2017. Check out what he had to say about his dream vacation trip and what he likes to do outside of ALKU here.
A message from your Directors:
“If 2018 is anything like 2017 was, it’s going to be another exciting year for ALKU! In 2017 our division accomplished many things. We implemented a Military Leave Plan for our employees continuing to serve our country. We’ve put some formalized criteria around our Site Lead position and had a few employees earn their way into this role. We ramped up our training spending putting employees through technology classes enhancing their knowledge base and obtaining certifications, etc. From a growth perspective, the Government division grew its revenue by 40% in 2017 going from just under $18M to over $25M. We grew our clients base adding a few new primes, also added 10 new programs! All these accomplishments are great, but our greatest 2017 accomplishment was when two of our programs ended through re-competes, we were able to successfully retain our employees by moving them from one contract to another! Enjoy the start to 2018, it’s going to be a wild ride!”
ALKU Government Solutions Awarded Contracts
Stay up to date with all of ALKU’s monthly awarded contracts! You can check out ALKU’s awarded contracts for this month here!
2018 Referral Bonus Program!
Know someone looking for a career change?? Help us continue to grow ALKU with our increasing demand of opportunities!
Ask your recruiter about our new 2018 referral bonus program! We think you’ll like the changes!
2018 Virginia Business Journal Best Place to Work Award!
2018 Best Kids Superhero 5k Fun Run!
The 2018 Superhero 5K & Fun Run is a celebration of the everyday heroes that make a positive impact in the lives of youth in DCs foster care system. BEST Kids is a nonprofit mentoring organization that empowers youth in foster care to build better futures, one child at a time. To learn more about BEST Kids, click here.
This years Best Kids 5k Superhero Fun Run will take place April 21st!
Interested in participating in the fun run or fundraising?! Contact Mailee Zhou at 703.579.1162 or email@example.com to sign up today!
2/7/18: VA Happy Hour: Bar Louie 13195 Parcher Ave
3/21/18: VA Happy Hour: Craft House 11861 Place Way, Fairfax VA
Want to stay in the know with ALKU?! Check out our Facebook page for weekly company updates! Click the icon!
Don’t have Facebook? You can stay up to date via our website here!
WANT SOME FREE ALKU SWAG!?!?!
Email Paige Seavey At Pseavey@Alku.com!
*Must Be AN ALKU Employee To Receive Swag*
SECURITY AWARENESS TIPS:
Here are some helpful tips to protect your identity on your computer:
- A huge percentage of Internet users have weak passwords even though their passwords fulfill basic security requirements thus are vulnerable to being compromised.
- It is important to use long, unique passwords for each different online account. You should not use the same password to secure your bank account as you use to secure your social media sites and email accounts. An attacker who compromises one account can compromise more of your accounts.
- At minimum, passwords should be between eight and sixteen characters including upper case letters, lower case letters, numbers, and special characters.
- Passwords should not be easily associated with your identity.
- Do not open emails, attachments, or files unless you are certain of their origins and are expecting them.
- If you receive spam, phishing, or another suspicious email (especially those requesting personal information), report it to your IT professional, Security rep, and send it to your junk folder.
Our ALKU Government division will be attending the Tech Expo on Wednesday, February 21st from 10am-3pm.
This event will be held at the Hilton Washington Dulles Airport Hotel in Herndon, VA.
All candidates attending are required to have a Security Clearance with a CI or Full Scope Polygraph. ALKU is attending to find/meet qualified professionals that are interested in advancing their career with ALKU. We look for Enterprise IT Cleared professionals.